Who is Lizzielane?
Lizzielane is an online Jewellery and Gifts retailer based in the UK at St John’s Church, Calder Street, West Vale, HX4 8AQ.
Our Commitment to Privacy
You should know that we have the utmost respect for the privacy of our customers and any information you provide to us will be securely protected and managed inline with current legislation.
Should you need to contact us for any reason, you will find our full contact details here…
For legal purposes Lizzielane is known as the “data controller” and for the avoidance of doubt may be referred to as “us”, “we” or “our” in this notice.
The Information we Collect
There are many ways that you can engage with Lizzielane – for example, you can browse our site, purchase our products, subscribe to our mailing list, enter our competitions etc etc etc
We Collect Information in the Following Ways
Information you give us – There are times when we may request information from you like your name and email address, e.g. to provide a newsletter, a subscription, a tailored service, use of our live chat, request a voucher or discount code or to enter a competition.
Information we get when you purchase our services or products – if you place an order with us for example, we will ask for your name, address, phone number, email address and payment details. We may also store your IP address for fraud prevention purposes only
In addition we may also collect some of the following information:
- Details of your visits to our website e.g. which pages you visit, for how long etc.
- Details of when you contact us by email, phone or post.
How we Use this Information
We use the data you provide to enable us to fulfil our contract with you:
- We use your name and address details in order to process your order
- We use your email address and contact number to update you about your order status.
- If you’ve consented to receive email marketing from us then we will use your name and email address to send you relevant offers, competitions, surveys etc. Should you no-longer wish to see these emails you can easily opt-out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in every marketing email or by contacting us…
Sharing Your Information
We may share some of your data with 3rd parties in order to process your order and fulfil our contract with you or to improve our service to you.
- We share some of your data with our payment providers Sagepay and Paypal to process your payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions (We never store or have access to your complete card data and payment details).
- We share some of your data with our carriers or shipping agents e.g. Royal Mail, Parcel2go.com, DPD and Parcelforce in order to deliver your orders to your chosen delivery address.
- We share some details of your visits to our site with our analytics providers, Google and Clicky. These enable us to understand how you use our website and allow us to better improve your experience when shopping with us.
- We share your name and email address if you provide them and your IP address only with your consent with our live chat provider Tawk.to.
If you opt-in to any of our mailing lists (either at check out or whilst applying for a discount code, voucher or entering a competition, requesting product updates) we may:
- Share your email address, name and purchasing history with our marketing email sender Mailchimp, so that we can e.g. provide you you with relevant offers related to your purchases, remind you of any purchases you haven’t yet completed, or inform you of any promotions, sales, free offers, competitions or discounts, product availability updates etc etc etc. Should you no-longer wish to see these emails you can easily opt-out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in every marketing email or by contacting us…
We may also be obliged to pass your personal data onto a legal authority if instructed to do so under certain circumstances, for example, for the prevention of crime.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Lizzielane is committed to protecting your information. To protect your personal information, we take all reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We will not disclose any information obtained via our website to third parties without your prior consent nor do we sell your details or information.
What Rights you have over your Information
- You have the right to access your personal data (to ask us what information we hold about you).
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to stop receiving marketing from us.
For all of the above, please do get in touch. Where we are obliged to comply with your request we will do so as quickly as possible.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us regarding anything in our privacy statement please write to us at Lizzielane.com, St John’s Church, Calder Street, West Vale, HX4 8AQ or visit get in touch using our contact us page
Last updated 11th October 2018